Call for Participation
In November 2019 the OpenStreetMap community in Africa will come together for our annual State of the Map Africa conference. The 2019 State of the Map Africa will build on a new strategy envisioned for Openstreetmap Africa as a renewed, strong, and growing network, and as part of the global open mapping movement.
This year’s conference will provide a diverse and fun space for everyone to collaborate and be a part of the openstreetmap Africa community. We will also lay the foundation that will provide us with a solid base for the open, collaborative, and participatory community that we want to build and is needed for our movement to diversify and thrive. You must join us.
You can be a part of this event by proposing a talk to either the main conference tracks or the academic part of the conference. You are encouraged to submit proposals for talks, academic talks, lightning talks, and workshops of any topic related to the world of OpenStreetMap. If you require a grant or scholarship to attend, don’t hassle to apply for a scholarship.
Talks, workshops and sessions can be in the following categories and either connected or related to the conference theme:
Transforming lives through mapping
- Cartography and Visualization.
- Community growth and diversity. -Contribution and data collection.
- Documentation and technical writing.
- Transport routing, and Urban development.
- Organizational, Legal, and Questions.
- IT and Technical
- Submit a Talk before 31 May 2019
- Apply for Scholarship to attend SOTM Africa before 20 May 2019